Friday 13 March 2015

I can’t be jealous of Patoranking –Shank

Dancehall singer, Shank, held sway as the king of reggae music for a while around 2009. His hit song, Julie, released in 2009 is still a sing along song to many.
But as much as he tried, Skank’s popularity didn't really last. It was as if the younger ones came and knocked him off the path.
Top among the list is the latest kid on the block when it comes to reggae – Patoranking.
But even as Patoranking is reigning so well at the moment, Shank said he is not jealous of him in any way.
He said, “I feel happy that finally, there is a platform for reggae artistes to be seen in the same light as any other secular act; so it is a win-win situation for me. I can never be jealous of Patoranking. There is no envy at all. I have had my moment in the spotlight and when I was on top of my game, there was nobody around to contend with me. Right now, there are a lot of people doing dancehall music and it has become a movement.
“I don’t see it as if only one person is spearheading the reggae movement. I like the fact that anybody that sings dancehall music would be listened to now. It is not about who the artiste is but it is about the music. I can never be jealous of Patoranking or any new kid on the block.”
Unlike most of his contemporaries, the singer has not been linked with any lady within or outside the entertainment industry. He told Saturday Beats that he would rather invest such energy into his work. He also said that he does not have a child out of wedlock.
“Where I am right now psychologically, mentally, emotionally and work-wise, I don’t need the distraction of an intense relationship at the moment because a relationship requires time and effort and I would rather put that into my music. I don’t have a babymama. There is none that I know of and that is what I told them when I was asked if I had a kid at the embassy. I have been careful but don’t worry, I don’t shoot blanks; I shoot straight. I have just been very careful,” he said. Culled
This is a sign of good sportsman... no need to hate on the winning team... :)

3 comments:

  1. You have spoke well youngman bt i pray let al diz thoughts really comes out of ur heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct Bros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria Nwachukwu22 March 2015 at 16:57

    be a bigger person... kudos

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:
*KachiZone does NOT own any other blog/website apart from www.kachizone.blogspot.com.
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by KachiZone.
*KachiZone blog readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on www.kachizone.blogspot.com
TQ KachiZoner
For Adverts (Bizness) & Inquiries Contact:
Email: kachizone411@gmail.com
Twitter: @KachiZone
Facebook: Kachi Zone
BB Pin: 76C453AE
Instagram: KACHIZONE